ESL Shipping Ltd is the leading carrier of dry bulk cargoes in the Baltic region. ESL Shipping’s competitive edge is based on its ability to secure product and raw material transportation for industries and energy production all year around, even in difficult weather conditions. The shipping company loads and unloads large ocean liners at sea as a special service. ESL Shipping Ltd has been in businessmore than 70 years and is a subsidiary of Aspo Plc.
At the end of August 2018, ESL Shipping completed the acquisition of Swedish shipping company AtoB@C Shipping, which has around 30 vessels in 4,000-6,000 dwt segments in its fleet. The combined fleet of ESL Shipping and AtoB@C Shipping consists of 50 vessels with cargo capacity ranging from 3,000 to 56,000 dwt.
To strengthen our Crewing, Payroll and HR Team in Helsinki, ESL Shipping invites applications for
Crewing Coordinator has a key role in our company since s/he is responsible for the personnel planning and resourcing of fleet crew. You will work in close collaboration with our agents in Europe and Far East to ensure our fleet has professional crew in place. We appreciate good relationship with all our agents, so you have an important role in maintaining fruitful co-operation, as well as development of collaboration in the future. Also, the Crewing Coordinator takes care of fleet personnel training planning to make sure the personnel have required expertise and safe working conditions.
ESL Shipping Ltd will focus on developing the international business in the future, which provides our new Crewing Coordinator a great possibility to work with the growing number of international partners and also an opportunity to develop the work in this area in collaboration with colleagues.
In your expertise we appreciate the understanding of crewing or staffing business and payroll. Various collective agreements have an essential role in our business so the ability to interpret them is an advantage. Understanding the regulatory frameworks such as STCW and ISM is helpful in the role but experience from shipping industry is not obligatory.
A Crewing Coordinator is part of a five-person team, which includes Crewing Coordinators and Director, Sea Personnel and External Shipmanagement, who is your direct manager.
- Insight to the world-wide maritime sector in a growing company.
- Possibility to develop your expertise, as well as a welcoming environment for your visions.
- Opportunity to develop our crewing function to a more internationally operated direction.
- Learning about requirements for crewing through new technological advancements.
We appreciate the following qualifications and know-how
- Curiosity for learning new things and an attitude to strive for change.
- Respect for teamwork and good organizational skills.
- Willingness to work in a very hectic role from time to time.
- Working experience from an international company and role.
- Readiness to travel occasionally to visit the agents in Europe and Far East.
- Solid English and Finnish skills.
Please apply by registering your CV in English, with the salary request, in Experis website by 15.2.2021:
For more information, feel free to contact Senior Consultant Tea Laamanen tea.laamanen (at) fi.experis.com or +358 400 219 229.