The Nautical Superintendent will work as a part of the technical department and acts as support for the DPA.
- Ensures the proper condition and function of the nautical-, navigational-, deck- and lifesaving equipment.
- Designs the maintenance schedule for the equipment and coating systems and supervises that this schedule is carried out properly by the crews.
- Reviews and performs nautical audits and reviews nautical non-conformances.
- Improving nautical procedures, maintaining guidelines for safe navigation and bridge organization.
- Purchasing of nautical literature, charts and deck equipment/spares.
Qualifications and skills
- Master Mariner exam with experience as a deck officer and good knowledge of Bulk Carriers and General Cargo Vessels.
- Experience from a similar job within Ship Management will be an advantage.
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English, including being able to create policies, procedures and reports for wide distribution. Fluent Finnish or Swedish language skill will be considered as an advantage.
- Good teamwork skill, dedicated and able to work independently.
A challenging and diverse working task is offered to the person chosen as Nautical Superintendent at our newly renovated main office in Helsinki.
Send your application, including salary expectations and CV latest by 31.10.2019.
Inquiries: Janne Eklöf, Technical Manager,
tel. +358 9 521 9922 / +358 40 565 8003